Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Sunday, September 2

Holiday Weekend

I just realized, this is a Holiday weekend, we should be barbecuing at the very least. I sure do miss my barbecue......many reasons that I don't barbecue now, the best one being I don't have a proper place to barbecue. In Louisiana I have a half barrel barbecue that someone cut and welded by hand. It is quite a nice contraption. Although every time I use it, I first have to get a stick and knock dead, any wasps who are living inside. Not really a great job for someone who is allergic to bee stings.
But here in Georgia, the patio is down a flight of stairs and a bit of a walk around the house. Not all that great a place to have to go to barbecue, although I have done it. But by the time I have run up and down those stairs a dozen times checking the meat, I am too tired to eat any.
Have a wonderful Holiday for those of you who are celebrating, and for those of you who are like me and it is just another day, well at least have yourself, "a tall cool one."

8 comments:

Pete said...

Nea

And you, spent our Sunday on a family cycle ride along a lovely canal in Kent.

P.S. Love the new photo, you're looking good.

Pete...;-)
XX

Neoma said...

Hi Pete, thank you, I have a hard time finding a picture of me, I shy away from the camera....

A bike ride sounds like a very nice way to spend the afternoon.

Akelamalu said...

Hope your weekend was good Nea and I love the new photo too!

Neoma said...

Hi Akela, I have to admit, I have been a slug this weekend, not moving very fast, and not doing very much. I am making everyone eat leftovers........and they are gumbling. I used to cook better meals than I have lately. But as someone mentioned, I think it was Avus, if they don't like the chow, they are welcome to make their own. haha

Catch said...

I noticed your new photo too Nea....a very good shot of you! I am not barbecueing today either. By the end of summer Im tired of it, and my grill is right off my kitchen! lol. We are just chilling today and relaxing...tomorrow school starts, hopefully we can get on a schedule then. I watch Gaige 3 days a week while Ash works so I put him on and get him off the bus. Im looking forward to some nice cool Fall weather. Have a great day Nea ,whatever your doing!

Neoma said...

Hi Catch, thank you....I am hiding behind glasses always....I have worn them since I was in 5th grade, and seldom without them. People always say, I can't see your eyes........but if I don't wear them, I can't see your face, haha.

We aren't doing much at all, the husband just came in and said, "let's go to the store, so I guess we will make a trip run for groceries. We eat a lot of fruit, and we are out right now. Both kids Always catch a cold when school begins, so I also need orange juice and chicken soup.

That is wonderful that Gaige gets to stay with you, there is no better person to watch kids than someone who loves them. Mom watched Trevor for me when he was small, and to this day, they are very close. Have a great day......

come on cool weather......I think we are all ready......well at least those of us who have been having summer.

Lee said...

You could always take a beer and stay down with the BBQ...I would.

Neoma said...

Hi Lee, about 7:00, I finally gave in and barbecued.......I had to cook something, so it might as well be outside. All I made was hamburgers and they didn't take so long to cook, so I did, just stay down there till they were done. They were good, but I would have rather had RIBS.....haha

Glad you came by, so I have a link back to you, I lost my other site.....to spammers, although the last time I looked, it seemed that they left up my stuff, but just tookover the sidebar to spam. Before the whole thing was redirected to spam....not sure what is happening with it, one thing I know, I can't get into it anymore.