Have you ever invented an idea or a concept and later found that someone made lots of money from your idea? I have had it happen to me several times in my life. Although the fact that I didn't develop or use the idea or concept, I suppose, makes my claim invalid....
The most recent is Apple's use of the concept "i" in front of iPod. About four years ago when I was setting up my web page, I wanted a name for my travel journals. And I didn't want to just call them travel journals, so I came up with the idea of calling them I Mover Journals. Now I realize it seems a small item, but as I was going over my web pages and trying to decide which pictures of our summer trip to use, all of a sudden I realized that people are going to think that I "borrowed" the idea of calling them I Mover, from the latest list of "i" products. (iPod, iPhone, iNest).
Which reminds me of all the money I have "lost" by not inventing pull up paper diapers when the idea came to me.......and then there was the "game" that my brother and I made out an old clock motor, cardboard and paint. Which years later came out in toy stores as a "splatter game." These are just a few of the ideas that never reached fruition, and there have been others..........

3 comments:
Nea, I can't tell you how many times I have loaded your blog into my reader, but for some reason your new posts don't register. I use my reader to help me manage my time so I don't have to visit blogs that haven't posted. You never come up on my "updated" list. Why might that be?
Hi Quill, hmmmmm not sure, but then you could write a book with what I don't know about blogger and blogging and HTML. IT might be the template I am using, it isn't as user friendly as the ones that blogger furnishes, or maybe I need to fill out something on your blog. I am just not sure. I know there are a lot of features that people have on their blogs that I don't have. I know that my blog isn't equipped with anything that lets me know when people post, so I have to check everyday or so.
Well you know what you must do now Nea, everytime you get an idea do something with it! :)
Post a Comment