Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Tuesday, October 30

Copyright Infringement?

Have you ever invented an idea or a concept and later found that someone made lots of money from your idea? I have had it happen to me several times in my life. Although the fact that I didn't develop or use the idea or concept, I suppose, makes my claim invalid....

The most recent is Apple's use of the concept "i" in front of iPod. About four years ago when I was setting up my web page, I wanted a name for my travel journals. And I didn't want to just call them travel journals, so I came up with the idea of calling them I Mover Journals. Now I realize it seems a small item, but as I was going over my web pages and trying to decide which pictures of our summer trip to use, all of a sudden I realized that people are going to think that I "borrowed" the idea of calling them I Mover, from the latest list of "i" products. (iPod, iPhone, iNest).

Which reminds me of all the money I have "lost" by not inventing pull up paper diapers when the idea came to me.......and then there was the "game" that my brother and I made out an old clock motor, cardboard and paint. Which years later came out in toy stores as a "splatter game." These are just a few of the ideas that never reached fruition, and there have been others..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nea, I can't tell you how many times I have loaded your blog into my reader, but for some reason your new posts don't register. I use my reader to help me manage my time so I don't have to visit blogs that haven't posted. You never come up on my "updated" list. Why might that be?

Neoma said...

Hi Quill, hmmmmm not sure, but then you could write a book with what I don't know about blogger and blogging and HTML. IT might be the template I am using, it isn't as user friendly as the ones that blogger furnishes, or maybe I need to fill out something on your blog. I am just not sure. I know there are a lot of features that people have on their blogs that I don't have. I know that my blog isn't equipped with anything that lets me know when people post, so I have to check everyday or so.

Akelamalu said...

Well you know what you must do now Nea, everytime you get an idea do something with it! :)