Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Monday, October 1

Spider Lilies



I finally made it out into the garden for a few pictures. The spider lilies won't be in bloom for to much longer so I thought I had better get pictures soon. These are in the amaryllis family and they send up the flowers stalks in the fall, they will have strap like leaves in the spring. They multiply by forming a bulb on top of a bulb if they get to deep, otherwise they forms bulbs off the sides. I have thousands of these in Louisiana, but the bulbs do not like to be transplanted once they are established, so although I moved a few hundred, only about two dozen have come up. I should go and dig some more and bring here, but they are deep in the ground now, and hard to dig.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful lilies, Nea. You have a wonderful garden.
I hope the water problem will be solved soon.

http://olivia-kroth.blog.de.vu

Neoma said...

Hi Olivia, thank you, they are lovely aren't they.....

as to the rain, it seems that many people love to predict doom, the weather people are already predicting that we won't have any rain even next year, and they add, even if it does rain it won't solve our drought. Which makes me scratch my head, if rain isn't going to help then I guess nothing will. They can't predict the weather into next week, yet they are predicting next year. haha. These Lilies don't last long, but they require no care, they just come up all of a sudden.....I dont' think they need much water luckily. It is my Rhodies that I am worried about and my azaleas....I have quite a few, and they have shallow roots.

QUASAR9 said...

Wow Nea, new look
Great photos

Akelamalu said...

Beautiful!

Neoma said...

Hi Q, thank you. Every so often I feel the need for a change. And since I lost the old blog completely and was starting over, I thought I would give it a whole new look.

Hi akela, thank you, they are all gone now, I am late responding to this post, that is for sure. We are in Texas right now, and I had a little bit of time, so I thought I was come visit blogger for a min.