Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Sunday, December 9

Christmas Picture of the Kids

This year is Ana's High School graduation and she had a professional sitting for her Graduation picture, and I have to select them from proofs, which I haven't done as yet. They do not have to be bought until May. And Nick, well he didn't care for his school picture so the little devil just didn't bother to bring his picture envelope home. So I didn't even know when his pictures were taken. They have a new way of doing it here, they take each child's picture, which they then can see on their envelope, and you can decide if you want to buy them. Well he didn't like his picture so he made my decision for me. His hair was a bit long, which was his decision, I had been trying to cut it for a month and he kept dodging me. So when they finally took his picture his hair was too long for his taste.


Well I am in the process of sending out Christmas cards and I usually include a picture of the kids. This year I didn't have one, so I took my own. I made them put on something red and I sat them in front of the tree and I snapped pictures until I thought they were going to hit me. haha. Anyway I finally got a couple that I thought looked fine. Ana was so tired most of hers made her look like she needed sleep, and I couldn't get Nick to smile. KIDS!!

5 comments:

Pete said...

Nea

A lovely picture. I know what you mean though. Lucy has now got to the stage of "oh dad, not another photograph!!"

Pete:->
XXX

Queenie said...

Nea,you keep taking those shots. The best pics I have of my son are the ones he didn't like at the time, but now he loves them.

Neoma said...

Hi pete, she was pretty good the first 50 shots, haha

Hi queenie, I don't take nearly enough pictures. My problem is I keep thinking back to when you could waste film taking to many of the same thing. I have a 50's mentality, haha. I forget that with digital, you can take as many as you want......

Catch said...

I think thats a great picture in your post! They both look very festive!

Akelamalu said...

That's a lovely photograph Nea - you should be very proud - of them and your photographic skills :)