Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Thursday, December 27

Home From the Holiday


The kids will return to California on Saturday. It has been a wonderful two weeks, great food, good conversation, games played and music sung. All in all we really didn't waste any of our time together. Tomorrow is our last full day before their plane leaves at 2:00 on the 29th, so we are going down to the Georgia Aquarium. This will be the second trip for Ana, Nick and I, but this will be the first time my son, his wife, and my grandson. So we are really looking forward to our day out with the fishies. My son and his wife have always had tropical fish, as have my husband and I, so I suppose going to see aquatic life is totally in form. I would like to take my lounge chair and a cool drink and just sit by the tide pool display and relax.

Christmas was wonderful and I think everyone got what they wanted. I got a new purse from my daughter-in-law, and I love it. I couldn't wait to take my old purse apart and put the new one to use. I also got a virtual photo album that you program and place on the wall and it constantly revolves an assortment of family pictures that you select and apply via of a thumb drive. Last night I sat up and put about two hundred of the kids pictures on the drive and started it going this morning. The kids were amazed to see it working when they got up. It usually takes me a week or two to figure out a new electronic toy. We also got a new flat screen tv, a huge one, a new camera, that also takes movies, and a Wii. I got Jennie an iPod, and I got Trevor a Playstation III. So this was the year of new electronics for us. Trevor got us some remote control helicopters, and we were playing with them last night. I had helicopters flying all over the living room. There were three in all, and they were getting stuck in the Christmas tree and landing near the candles. Everyone was jumping around the room to try and keep the helicopters from catching on fire. Finally I just blew the candles out, it was easier.

Our Christmas Eve dinner is a Lithuanian family traditional meal of Polska Kielbasa, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. I also serve a few salads as side dishes, but the mail meal is meat and potatoes. Then Christmas day we have our feast. Turkey with stuffing inside, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, candied yams, pickles, cranberry sauce, fruit salad and hot dinner rolls. For dessert their is pumpkin or apple pie, homemade from scratch.....with whipped cream. This is NOT a low calorie meal.....

I usually take a picture of the dinner table set for eating, but we were to eager to sit down to dinner to wait for pictures, so I didn't take any until after we had eaten.....so no picture this year of the turkey sitting their in all it's browned and crispy glory.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday, I know that I did......now we are watching movies. We rented a bunch and have been having movies on and off since we opened presents. I sneak away during movies to get a little "me" time. And that is the time that I spend on the computer. But now it is time to return to the "bosom" of the family, love to all of you.......

2 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Sounds like your Christmas was just perfect Nea. :)

Hope the New Year will be even better for you. x

Cindy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! We always fix a big turkey dinner with all the trimmings too. If you stop by, you'll see the crowd we had at our house for Christmas Day. The only one missing was Beth's husband Kirk and you know where he is.
Happy New Year to you and your family!