Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Thursday, December 13

Stress Not

I think for the most part people take life way to seriously. I know that I do. It was the way in which I was raised. So as an adult I have had to learn not to get stressed. Life is just to short to worry about things that don't matter. Like today, I was shopping, and my charge card company decided I was spending to much money, or, that my card had been stolen, so they called me at home to make sure that I was actually out there spending money. Luckily someone was here to answer the phone, or they would have "shut me down." When I got home and found out, I called them back to find out just what they were doing, and she said that there was an unusual amount of activity on my card. I assured her it wasn't unusual at all, I always spend a lot of money......

Learn to laugh at yourself
hold court with your inner soul,
take a glimpse behind the frame;
someone there you know?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone once said: adults are just kids with money.

Neoma said...

I Definitely have more money now than when I as a kid. We WERE POOR, POOR, POOR.....so I grew up always wanting things that I couldn't have. When I started working and making my own money, well, lets say my kids didn't do without like I did. But you know what, I think maybe over indulgence is a bad thing also...

Pete said...

Nea

Re your comments above, so very true. I feel pleased with myself that Lucy and Alex have gotten into the habit of saving for things if they want them.

Hope you are well

PeteXXX
0 0
|
U

Neoma said...

Hi Pete, I have been doing quite well this last couple of weeks, could be that I am looking forward to the kids coming, or maybe it is just the Holidays, but I am feeling great...Hope you are also doing well and looking forward to the Holidays. I have my house so decorated it is beginning to look like a bit trashy...haha But in a good way......