Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Sunday, June 29

A Rainy Day in Georgia



We got our weekly thundershower today, and it brought down a quarter of an inch of rain. Then the sun came out and the sky was glorious. As the sun was going down I went out with my camera to see if I could capture a bit of the brilliance in the sky, it was a pinkish blue and the clouds were stunning. But truthfully I do not believe that I really captured it on "film" as it really looked. But I tried.

10 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

We've been having the same weather -- the pictures are beautiful

Libby said...

that's a great looking sky!! up here, we don't get beautiful skies like that when we have rain...we get shitty gray or black! by the way, i just heard on the newss tonight that we're 6 inches over from the norm this yr with rain!

Neoma said...

Hi andrew, what is it Eddie Rabbit sang, I love a rainy night. Me too!!

Neoma said...

Hi Libby, it was awfully gray and black for awhile, but when the rain stopped, this is what we got. It was so pretty. The sky was pink.... I know that Iowa certainly has had its share of the rain. Just where are you Libby, I need to go and see, I have forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Film cannot capture the radiance or glory, but you still got awesome photos!

Dr.John said...

You may not have captured the real look but what you did get is beautiful.

jac said...

wow ! with that tingue of orange, a marvel!

Neoma said...

HI quilly. yep, it does a pretty good job, but it loses something in the "translation"

But I sure do enjoy digital photos....I remember the olden days of waiting to develope film......

Neoma said...

HI Dr. John.......they didn't come out to badly, but it wasn't this dark out yet. The pictures make it look much darker than it really was, and it loses some of the pink.

Neoma said...

Hi jac. It was one of those real pretty sites, I was looking out the window and the sky looked golden, grabbed my camera so as not to lose the light, but it goes fast.......a picture is gone so quickly.