Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Monday, July 14

Cajun Moon

I am listening to music that was put on my computer by my babeee. It makes me sad, happy, cry, laugh, smile, think, when I listen to this music. I didn't even know about Steven Earle, Dr. John, or JJ Cale, or Keb Mo or Ted Hawkins before 1999. Since then, they have become my favorites.......

It is a funny thing about music, it forever connects you to a time and place, good or bad, happy or sad. Most people can rememeber events in their life by the music that was playing. I remember the first time I heard Cajun Moon as clearly as if it were yesterday. And I listened to it over and over as I was leaving Baton Rouge later that weekend.....now whenever I hear it, it takes me back to that time.

I worked today, hard. My back hurts and my hands are a mess of blisters. But it was a good day, I got a lot done and when it rolled around to quitting time I felt good about how much I had gotten accomplished. I was still doing laundry at midnight, and a big ole moon followed me across the yard. And this thought came to mind......


"The moon is so bright, spreading misty light across the yard
gently pushing from behind a scatter of midnight clouds
why do people always make such statements as
"Whenever you see a full moon, think of me!"

So now I do, always........

4 comments:

Queenie said...

I love the moon and I'm no werewolf!!!!
Just popped over to see how you are (still working to hard I see). I hope to start posting again soon, will pop by once I do, till then take care.

Anonymous said...

Sounds and smells trick us back to places/times/feelings when we least expect it. I hope this time is healing, not rending.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

We found your blog tonight and really enjoyed ourselves here!

Libby said...

nice thought at the end, nea! and one of the biggest things i regret is never having made it down to baton rouge in my life...i've always wanted to, i fell in love with the name when i was a little kid!!