
Even though I am not working in a job away from home, I still look forward to Friday. I suppose mostly because Nick has time off and that means I don't have to get up early and get him off to school. He would still occasionally oversleep if I didn't wake him up each morning. He sets his alarm, but he rolls over and turns it off.
My new neighbor came over today to meet us. They moved in about a month ago. She has two boys. The oldest is four. He has had surgery on his brain, tumors, I think she said, and it has left him without speech. He is a sweet little boy, but he is going to have a difficult life. He goes to a special school and his Mother meets the bus each day, he wears a helmet to school to protect his head, so I knew there was something going on. I guess it has been pretty hard on her marriage. Some parents have a hard time handling their children's illnesses. I think it has a lot to do with that helpless feeling. And I might be wrong here, but I personally feel that it is harder for men than Mother's. She seems to be handling the situation quite well, but she said her husband left her for over a year. He is back now and this is the first time they have owned a house. He is a working fool, he has really got the garage looking like a workshop. It looks great. But I don't think she has had the time to work inside as much as he does in the garage.
I feel a bit sorry for her, because he is a Jackass. I heard him talking to comcast the other day, and I wouldn't want to be married to him.

3 comments:
Nea ~ you are probably right and the husband is having problems accepting his Son's illness. This is sad as the Son needs his Dad more than I think the Father knows.
You are such a kind Lady Nea, I can see how this is bothering you as well. I think you should take some time to yourself and go and visit your home in Louisiana.
A Blessed Weekend is wished for you.
I go through time of depression lately, I can't lay my finger on it. Except there is one aspect that is clear to me, I am not very happy right now. Time marches on and when you find yourself stuck in a situation with no way out. It is hard.
I just feel a bit sorry for her, she seems to be very tied down. she loves her son, but he is constant care, he is four and does not talk. I would offer to watch him, so she can at least go shopping by herself, but I know that she would not accept that help, not yet. We don't know each other well enough.
Nea, you could probably help a lot by just giving her someone kind to talk to. BUT go home and heal yourself first, then you can take on the chore of mending someone else.
Post a Comment