Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Sunday, August 24

Glorious Rain Storm

Well as they predicted we are finally getting some rain, and it is a nice hard rain. I think we are getting the end of Tropical Storm Fay that hit Florida. I sat on the front porch and watched it coming up from the South. It was moving pretty fast and I thought about getting my camera and taking some pictures of the lightening.

The big trees in the front yard were bending over till they looked like they would break, and then back up again. Leaves were coming off the trees in big clumps, but no limbs were falling. The sound of the wind was a bit like a train coming. It passed right over my head and across the front porch and down the hill, I got sopping wet because the rain was going sideways. But I didn't mind. Once the storm had passed over, I came inside. It is still raining, but not like it was before, this now is a gentle rain. We are expected to get rain for the next four days, but that can change in a moments notice. I personally love the rain, I love the sound and the feel of rain. I often go outside and plant my flowers and do my yard work in a gentle rain. But it is dark, dark, dark outside right now, not a bit of light from anywhere. Those must be some pretty dark clouds overhead. The only time you can see anything is during a flash of lightening.

7 comments:

Lo Kelween said...

ehm....sometimes, gentle but continous rain is very scary too! like what happens here. It rains continously and we, as bicyclists had nowhere to go but to wait until rain stops! :0

Anonymous said...

I love a storm, too. I like to run out and stand in them, but usually some sane person drags me in the house and scolds me.

Queenie said...

I like storms, but thunder and lightning scare me (its my Nan's fault she made us hide in the larder when there was a storm).
Nea Math did a goggle reader for me, which tells me when my mates have posted, yours never came up so I've come over to make sure everything is OK. I will have to get Math to check it cos you have been posting haven't you?????

Neoma said...

Hi Elween, well, I live on a hill, no standing water here, it all runs downhill. We have pretty good drainage here in Georgia, it goes to the lakes, so we don't have to much flooding. I have never been in a flood, except one time in Texas, and we had to pull over, the water came up so fast on the roads we couldn't drive.

Neoma said...

Hi Quilly, last nights rain was a really warm rain. Even though it was fierce, it didn't really scare me, maybe I don't have enough sense to be scared, haha. I love to plant in the rain, but usually a gentle rain.....not like last night, I would have to have hung onto the trees to keep from getting knocked over, haha

Neoma said...

Hi Queenie, the lightening was cracking all around me....I probably should have gone inside, instead, I just put my feet on a stool, figured I wouldn't make a very good "ground" if my feet were up, haha.

My cat sure was scare, he went into the basement.....

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I love to watch a good electrical storm as well Nea, I don't go out in the yard to watch but will sit near a window. I do stay off the phone though, don't want to risk losing my hearing.