Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Tuesday, January 29

Another Year 2013

Here we are beginning another year....2013.   The days go by so quickly and I lose track of old friends.  Lack of communication does that, we try to keep in touch,  but it is often hard.   I am not a phone talker, well not usually,  but once in awhile I do enjoy a good chat.   I recently located a few long lost cousins through Ancestry.com.   It has been a lot of fun speaking with my cousin Lee from Minnesota.   He is related to me on my Mother's side through her father.   I have found out so much information about our family through him.    I wish we had made contact a long time ago,  Mom would have enjoyed finding out some of the things I have found out about her father and his brothers.   Mom didn't know very much about her family because Grandma didn't talk much about family, and her Dad didn't really know that much about his, since his Mom had passed away when he was only two or three.    And then his Dad died not long after.   He was adopted out to an old German man who Grandpa said was just looking to own free labor.    I guess he was extremely mean to Grandpa.   I wish I had met my Grandpa and I could have talked to him and heard his stories.   I have a feeling he liked to talk,  and I would have loved to have listened.

William and Maude

No comments: