My neighbor has a friend who works for the Atlanta Braves as an electrician. He can get six free tickets a month, or something like that, and I guess most months he has tickets that go to waste. I mentioned that I love baseball, (I used to play ball on a woman's fast pitch league, and I watched all of my boys play ball), so I love the game. I was always a San Francisco Giants fan, and later we loved the LA Dodgers, but I never could get into the Anaheim team. So now I am TRYING hard to become a Braves fan.......I think the tomahawk chop turns me off a bit, (I am native American), however, free tickets......hard to pass up. So last night she and I went to the game. It would have been a whole lot better if my eyes were better, but regardless, I enjoyed the game. She is a day person, I am a night person, I can stay up very late, by nine o'clock she was drooping, so we left in the top of the 6th, Braves 3- Milwaukee-1, I would have liked to have seen the rest of the game, the Braves were using a brand new pitcher, Bennett, who they had just brought up from Triple-A ball. He was doing great, by the fifth, he had 8-K's, hadn't walked anyone and had only given up a couple of hits.
We will go again, I guess we can get free tickets whenever we want them. However do not think just because you have free tickets it is a free night. Gas to Atlanta, 1/2 tank= $20.00, parking at Turner Field= $12.00 to $30.00, barbecue pork sandwich, $8.95, a bottle of water $4.50 and $1.00 to the panhandler waiting for us in the parking lot after the game. haha

7 comments:
Sometimes free tickets are the most expensive kind!
Ha ha there's no such thing as a free lunch eh?
Hope the eyes are improving. x
Hi Quilly......nothing is ever FREE. haha But it would have cost closer to $100 if I had to buy tickets also, in fact I doubt I would have gone.
Hi Akela, nope, no free lunches.....especially at Turner Field.....hot Dogs, $6.25.
My eyes are so much better today......it has been wonderful...
ehm...there's a saying in my country: "a small sum will sum up into a huge sum" sounds weird but true! so better be careful in how we use money! :)
have a nice weekend
Hi Elween, exactly.......Grandma used to say, watch your pennies the dollars will take care of theirself. You have a nice weekend also....:)
Nea ~ My Scottish Nature says "Free is always nice" but like you said, free is not always that free. I like the Panhandler comment, you almost made it sound like a Master Card Ad on TV.
Glad you got to see a Ball Game (or part of one) though.,
Hi Bill, when I started reading your comment, I was totally confused. haha, then I saw the title.....this was back in the archives a wee bit, huh.
You are Scottish.......I have grown quite fond of the Scottish, I have been watching Monarch of the Glen, and I just finished watching Hamish Mc"Something". Can't remember his last name. And I am watching Ballykissangel also. They all have a Scottish flavor. I love a people who have and respect heritage.....
Post a Comment