Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Thursday, January 24

A Big Bowl of Cherries


I guess all of us get busy and overwhelmed at times, but as we grow older life is supposed to slow down. Unfortunately my decision to have more children when I was 40 has made it a bit impossible for me to actually do that slowing down thing to which I was so looking forward. It would be lonesome living completely alone, I am sure, but I have to think it would be a whole lot more simple. Right now I am dealing with many of life's mini crisis's. Nothing major, just lots of little things and one big thing, end of year taxes. So if my posting seems a bit sporadic in the next few weeks it is because I have way to many irons in the fire to do anything justice right now.

Best wishes and love to everyone!!

10 comments:

Dr.John said...

O! You said the dreaded T word. I am trying to pull everything together to do the dang taxes but it is driving me nuts.

Cindy said...

Hope you get things caught up soon and find some time for yourself.
did you see on the news where we're all supposed to get a rebate? if and when it passes house and congress...

Akelamalu said...

Good luck sorting your tax out Nea, just come back as and when.

Neoma said...

HI Dr. John, I guess taxes are a pain for everyone, but ours is especially bad this year because we both retired, and there were 401K's involved, plus social security, IRA distributions, and all sorts of capital gains that I have yet to all sort out. We paid off things, and have closing statements that haven't arrived, it is filtering in so slowly that I am worried that everythong won't get here and I will have to try and get it for myself. And where to go to get some of this stuff..... I should have kept better records as always...haha

Neoma said...

HI cindy, no i didn't hear about a rebate this year.......that would be nice..... sure hope it is true.

Neoma said...

HI Akela, I have to get started now or else I won't have everything I need, because I guess I am going to have to write some of the companies to make sure I have all the paperwork that I need.

Libby said...

nea-best of luck with all this...i know it's a totally frustrating time of year!! [hugs]!~!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Nea ~ take the time you need to get caught up, we will be here waiting for you. Taxes, I shudder to think how much I am going to have to pay in this year with cashing in my stock options last year. It never seems to be enough taxes taken off at time of issue. And just think in Canada anyway the Income Tax act was just a temporary measure during WWII to be abolished after the end of the War. Go figure.

Oh Nea, stop by the blog I have a surprise for you.

A Blessed Weekend is wished for you and your Family.

Lo Kelween said...

i wish you all the best as you face all your mini crisis...have a pleasant sunday, Nea :)

Avus said...

I suppose there are (a few) advantages of being a pensioner. My pension is taxed at source and I get what is left once the government has taken what it considers is its share.
At least I do not have that "end of year" worry any more!