Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Sunday, January 6

Roads


Which Road

There's no right road,
just many roads,
some are graveled
and some are muddy,
some are paved and
some are full of pot holes.
You never know which one to take,
they all have their twists and their turns.
Some might have a light at the end but
you can't see it from here,
some are wider and easier to travel,
yet the bumps were there all along,
you just couldn't see them.
Some have grass and places to rest along the way,
and others are in the bright hot sun
and seem to give you no rest.
You travel one and then go back
and start over on another
because it seems the road you originally took
was just to difficult,
and maybe by chance the next will be easier.
These are the roads full of indecision,
maybe you have traveled on one
and know what I mean.
Just remember, You must have a very strong car,
new tires, and a full tank of gas to travel............life...........this way.

15 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Such true words Nea. Life's roads hold many twists and turns, some good, some bad, all necessary.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Yes Nea, we all have to travel Life's Highway and sometimes the trip isn't that great. Other times we just move right along as if we are on a Expressway.

Thank you for sharing.

Neoma said...

Hi Akela, they say you can't ever go back, and it is true. But we often wonder what life would have been like if we had taken a different juncture.......anyway I do. Some of my decisions have been very life altering. :)

Neoma said...

Hi Bill.....around 35 - 40 it seems we have many roads to pick between. Less so at 50......and I spend a lot of time lookin back....I have paid greatly for bad decisions....

Libby said...

nea-damn! i love this picture & the words you wrote to go with it!! i think i've taken every friggin road i ever saw, and still have yet to find the right one for me!

Neoma said...

Hi LIbby, I added the picture today, couldn't find it last night......but I thought it appropriate. It looks like a harmless little road, huh. haha

Well, me too, here i am 50ish, and yet to find what I was always looking for. I suppose it would have helped it I knew what I was looking for......that is the problem with girls raised without fathers, they are really messed up......haha always looking for a Dad, I suppose.....

Libby said...

naaahhh, nea, my dad was great & home...but i'm still 'lost'!

Dr.John said...

It seems like for the longest time I have traveled the same road and I have no regrets.

Neoma said...

Hi Dr. John, well, that is a good thing.......I think discontent is as much a personality issue as anything else. I might not have known my Dad very well, but from what I do know about him, I am just like him. He rode motorcycles and never wanted to stay in the same place for very long. Got itchy feet, so to speak. When I was young there was nothing I liked better than to discover new places and meet new people. Now that I am older and it isn't as easy for me to travel, I often feel those itchy feet but can't act on it anymore. So I get restless. I wouldn't exactly say I have regrets, but I have done things that I know have impacted my life, and not always for the better. But we are a sum of our experiences, and I can't say that I would change much about my life, even if I could.

Anonymous said...

The road I traveled in 2007 was a twisty, turny up and down doozy. Right now I'm coasting, enjoying the scenery and wondering what the next bend might bring.

Catch said...

What a lovely post Nea! And so very true!

Neoma said...

HI Quilly, that was some fantastic road you took, for sure.....I guess all in all it wasn't a hard decision to make for you....:):) and it certainly was the right road, but you did surprise me, for sure. When we least expect it..huh....

Neoma said...

Hi Catch, thank you......we all have our roads, don't we......it is something that I think most people are familiar with.....

Avus said...

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-- J R R Tolkien

(it seemed appropriate)

Neoma said...

It does seem appropriate, very much so. Thank you Avus. :)