Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Monday, April 28

Turtle


I was sitting on the back porch having my morning coffee, when I heard a rustling in the flower bed. Thought it was a cat, or other small creature, so I kind of ignored it, not wanting to get up. But it was moving to slowly to be a cat, so I decided it was either the King Snake who lives in my garden, or it was a turtle. Every so often they come through and do what turtles do. However I am not entirely sure what that is. They don't seem to bother anything, not sure if they even eat any bugs, although they must eat something. They move pretty slow, but I was amazed just how quickly he could move when he decided it was time to go. He seemed to be done with his "photo shoot" after a few minutes. I came in to upload my pictures, and I am sure when I go back I won't see hide nor hair of him.

8 comments:

Burfica said...

maybe your place is one stop on the turtle highway. hehehehehe

we only get stuff like snakes, lizzards and scorpions. Oh and don't forget the brown recluse and black widows.

Dr.John said...

All we have is rabbits. I wouldn't mind a turtle or two.

Anonymous said...

Isn't he a cutie? He's also a vegetarian, so on his stroll through your garden he probably ate plenty of greens.

Neoma said...

Hi Burfica, we get our share of those snakes and spiders also....but this guy comes and goes. I have seen him before, or his cousin. haha

I sould put up a sign, Turtle Crossing, huh?

Neoma said...

Hi Dr. John, I don't want any rabbits, they are like the deer, they eat everything, haha. I feed the deer corn, hoping they will leave my azaleas alone, so far it is working.

Neoma said...

Hi Quilly, he is cute, and fairly non agressive, until I turned him around for a picture, his arms and legs sure started going. I took a short movie, but I can't post them, it just takes to long.

So they are vegetarians, didn't know, I suppose he ate some of my flowers on his trek through the garden. Oh well......maybe he just ate the stuff I don't like, haha

Louisiana said...

how beautiful. how lucky. how i would love to be there and share in such sightings...

i'm thankful for this was such a sweet surprise/gift pic...nothing wrong with taking it personally ;p

xooxoxoxo

jac said...

nea, they are cute and sort of designer made !

Simply beautiful they are .