Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Tuesday, July 22

Rainy Sunshine




We are having one of those crazy days, where it is raining with the sun shining. My neighbor says that is means the devil is beating his wife. Sure don't know where that is from, I never heard that one, haha. But what else would the devil do, but hit his wife, after all he is the devil.

Regardless, I am having a much better day. When people say to you, if you are in good health you have it all. They truly know what they are talking about. You really can't appreciate feeling good, until you have felt terrible. And yesterday I felt terrible. All day. But it gets better, and once I have the food out of my system that has the gluten in it, I begin to recover. It takes a good three days to actually feel well again, but today I feel so much better than yesterday I am going to go out in the yard and do a little work to celebrate. One thing I must do is take my camera out and document my Stargazer Lilies, they are magnificent. They don't last too long, so if I don't get a picture quick, they will be gone. The wind came up and blew really hard last night, along with some thunder and lightening. Our storms appear quickly out of nowhere and they disappear just as suddenly. Giving rise to the adage, if you don't like the weather just wait a minute.....it will change.

I have to run to town. This will be the first time I have left the house since returning from Louisiana about a week ago. The older I get the less I like to shop, so if I don't have to go, I don't. I know, I know I am a disgrace to the female population. But it is just in my genes. I come from a long line of women who preferred to just stay home.

6 comments:

Queenie said...

So glad to hear your feeling better Nea. Arr! lilies my favourite, my father-in-law brought me some from his garden, my lounge smells divine from their fragrance. I know they look better in the garden, but it was so kind of him to bring me them.
I miss being able to go shopping on my own, Math has to take me so I can't seek any new shoes in!!!!

Neoma said...

Oh, lilies look great as cut flowers also. My goal was to have enough flowers in the garden that I could have cut flowers in the house all the time. But I seldom bring them inside. They don't last long enough. And I don't have enough in bloom at any one time. Yes today was much better. And tomorrow will be better yet if I am careful what I eat.

My husband is the shopper in our family......he loves to shop. Me less so, but when I do, it is purses and shoes.......haha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Nea. I hope this day has something wonderful in store for you! The lilies sure dressed up nice to celebrate!

Neoma said...

Hi Quilly, well Ana made me brownies for my birthday, GF brownies, but she made the mistake of using butter flavored PAM. I was up all night, and today, I am back to resting. I tossed out the PAM.....

Lo Kelween said...

disgrace to women? nonsense Nea, haha...

devil has a wife?? #wink wink#

Neoma said...

Hi Elween, men usually think it is the women who like to shop. I guess I used to, but not so much anymore. I prefer to shop online.

never thought about it whether the devil had a wife or not.......haha