Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Monday, August 18

The Status Quo


Well how are things going you ask? School is back in full swing. Nick likes his Math teacher he says she is nice, but boring, he likes his Social Studies teacher, he is a bit mean, but the class is a lot of fun. So it all evens out, I guess. He comes home from school and I make him do his homework first before anything else, and put away for school the next day. It works best, otherwise he would wait until the last minute.

Ana is working a lot of hours at her job, she enjoys the job, but is getting a bit tired of working everyday, including Sunday. She is looking forward to her college starting so she can get a reduced work schedule. She begins school in October. Ana and I get along pretty good, she is independent like I am, well, except when she smashes her finger in the car door. Then all of a sudden she is about 8 again. This actually happened, and she has a finger that is the color of black ink. She wants to know how long before the finger nail has completely grown out, I told her about a year.....it takes a very long time.

The cat is fine, he stays in more than he used to. He got tired of being beat up by all the other meanie cats in the neighborhood. Besides he is going on 8 years old, he isn't a kitten anymore. He still has his frisky moments about midnight when he goes jumping all over the furniture and tearing around the living room like something is after him. But for the most part, you can find him sleeping on a cushion on the dining room chair. He has completely taken it over.

And me, well, I am maintaining. I feel pretty good actually, and have been able to get outside and work in my yard even though it is 90 degrees outside. I cleaned all of the birdbaths and put in fresh water....filled the hummers feeding stations, put seeds in the feeders for the birds, and set some water in the garden. And now, I am listening to my music play list and drinking a cup of coffee. This is my favorite time of day, and don't plan anything except sitting quietly, listening to music, and thinking about the road my life has taken. The detours, and the challenges, the loves and hates, the people........

"You Won't realize the distance you've walked until you take a look around and realize how far you've been."

No comments: