
Gustav is heading right for my place in Effie. But regardless, there isn't much a person can do. You can cover all your windows with plywood, you can move all your papers, but if you have huge old pecans trees in your yard, unless you cut them down in advance, there isn't much you can do to prevent the wind from blowing them over. The last one that wend down, took out a foot of the left side of my roof, over the porch. The ground gets pudding-like when it rains....after a summer of no rain, the roots are near the surface of the ground, and over the trees go.
The next hurricane is headed for Georgia.......two for the price of one. Well let 'er come....what else you gonna do?

4 comments:
Now is not a good time for a visit to Effie, however, you might want to consider going after Gustav blows by, so you can miss the one headed for Georgia.
Hi Quilly, I guess by now, 10:00, it is all over and has passed through Effie. I guess tomorrow I will call my neighbor to assess the damage. and if I need to rush home, I will.
oh dear, i hope there's not much of damage done..sorry to hear that. this kinda of wind can really destroy anything. take care...
I think last time I looked, that the winds veered off and went to the west of us. So I think everything will be okay. I will call home in the morning and find out.
Post a Comment