Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Saturday, October 11

Half Way to Effie

I am in Meridian, Mississippi in a Motel. I have decided to return to Effie for a variety of reasons. I know the man who is tearing down the house has the whole roof off, and I wanted to be there to help clean up the stuff that is left in the house. He is wanting the wood from the house, not the clutter. It is kind of unfair to expect him to clean up all of my mess. So I am going to get a dumpster and clean up the mess. If there is anything that I forgot, or was buried under debris, now is the time to find it. When I got home I found that there were several things misplaced or missing. Not to say they might not be in storage, but it rather unlikely that I would have put two bed post tops in one basket, and the other two into another basket. When I got the home, all I could find was two. So where are the other two, considering the degree of stress I was under, they could be just about anywhere. I probably was doing something and then laid them down and never got back to them. They could be under any one of the many piles of debris in the house. Anyway I am going to look for them, and one of the brass pelicans, I had two, now there are only one. And then I am going to load up the stuff that I had put in the shed. This will probably be my last trip for a long time, so I better get everything done up that I care to do. I am not liking the drive anymore. It isn't as much fun as it once was. There is really nothing new to see, I have seen it all, and it is just a lot of hard miles in my old van. The van actually does pretty good considering how old and how many miles it has on it.

Well I need to get to bed, so that I can get up early in the morning and get an early start. I do not sleep all that well in a strange bed, but I am tired tonight, I think I will sleep because I am so tired.

Night, Nite.

6 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

Nea, We have moved and don't have internet yet. I have been reading your posts as I can, but I only comment on a few blogs each day. Drive safe. Take care.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I wish you the best Nea, and I hope you find what you are looking for. Be safe, and take care of you.

Burfica said...

I hope you find everything you need and want to, and maybe even a couple good surprises. hehehee Drive safe.

Libby said...

nea, i hurt for you...this has to be hard...not only one time, but twice...sad...i'm praying for strength for you!

Dr.John said...

Good luck on finding everything you need and want from what was once your home.

Queenie said...

Gosh Nea, just checking in on you, looks like i need to do some catching up. I will be back later to get the full story, until then Nea your in my thoughts,