Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Saturday, November 21

Nothing to Great



There isn't much going on in my life lately, I keep to myself, once in awhile take my neighbor shopping, work in my yard, take care of my family. I always knew that when I got older this is how I would be because this is how my Mother lives. And we are very much alike. We are very reclusive, do not need a lot of people around us, in fact we are so reclusive we seldom go anywhere or visit anyone. It is just the way we are by nature.

Most people always assume that we should be lonesome, but it isn't the case. I personally like my time by myself. Yes I enjoy communication and talking to people but If I had to make a choice between one and the other, I could not give up my quiet time.

Gardening is my main hobby I have a half an acre of flowers, shrubs and landscaping, and this time of year I can keep very busy pruning, pulling weeds and redoing flower beds. I bought a few bags of winter bulbs that I need to plant so I will do them in the next week. This is my life, yes, boring, but then, I like it that way.

5 comments:

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I totally understand what you are saying Nea, I like my time alone as well.

Nice to see you posting again.

Neoma said...

Hi Bill, it took me awhile to even find my blog. I got a Instant message from Libby, and she said she would send me a link, but I found it before I got the link. But it took me awhile. I know you had sent me a link also, but got a new laptop....and of course, no links on it yet.

Avus said...

Nice to have you back, Nea.
There is a sweet contentedness and fulfilment about your posting.

Neoma said...

Hello, so good to see you Avus, I am trying for the life of me to remember your name, haha, but at this point it would be a guess....darn I get aggravated at my memory, or lack there of. haha How have you been? Soo good to see you...

Avus said...

Sign of old age, Nea! I am well, thank you. I shall return often, just to make sure you are too.