Off The Beaten Path

My photo
Georgia, United States
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.

Tuesday, March 9

Spring



Our weather has turned off warm and it is almost spring here in Georgia. I went out in the yard today and searched through the yard to see what bulbs were in bloom. The crocus are up, and the daffodils are just about to open.......I need to begin my yard work there is much to cut and prune.

I do not really have much on my plate these days, I keep a low profile and just putter in the yard. I used to wonder how my Mom used to keep busy living all alone, but I think just about all she really wanted to do in her old age was putter in the garden. I get more and more like my Mom everyday.

It is so strange, when we are young we want to go everywhere and do everything. But now the quiet life is all I really enjoy. My daughter wants to take a road trip to New York this summer, and can't understand why I wouldn't enjoy that. I would have when I was really young, but as you get older you get less and less adventuresome.....finding a newly opened flower in my garden is just about all the excitement that I crave these days.


2 comments:

Avus said...

The contentment and serenity of old(er)age, Nea. Good, ain't it?

Neoma said...

Hi "Avus":, I do most of my traveling in my dreams, and even then I wake up tired. haha. Yes, I really enjoy the quiet and serenity. I really enjoy your pictures when you go on your bike rides. I would truly enjoy that, taking a bike ride through such pretty country. But here there are no bike trails and I would endanger my life trying to ride on the roads.....