
For some people music is nice to listen to, for me music is as important as air and water. When I sit back and listen the music flows through my body and transports me to a place where pain, stress, even hurt and anger dissipate and I am in a world alone. Just me and the music.
When I was little my girlfriend's father would play the guitar for us, he would take me on his knee and ask me what I would like to hear, I didn't care, anything, I just loved to hear music.
I must own 2000 CD's, all different kinds of music. But my favorite music for the evening, is one single voice next to one guitar playing slow sensitive tunes with lyrics that tell a story. As I sit and work at night, I listen to this music and there will be times when I find I have shut my eyes and my fingers grow still and I listen to the blend of music and voice singing of life's pains and hurt, till I practically fall into a trance. I can't imagine life without my music. It has carried me through some really dark times and brought me safely to the other side.

6 comments:
Gotta have it (CD collection)
though sometimes I feel I've just heard it all before
and I'm looking for something new, something more
Hi Nea, long time no see, I hope you're well?
I love music too. MWM can sit in silence but I just have to have music in the background whatever I'm doing.
To me music and well-being are synonymous.
Hi Q, I don't even know what I have in the way of CD's anymore. I mostly listen to the music that I have on my computer. It came from the CD's, but it is handier for listening..
Hi Akela, I guess I am as well as can be expected for an old lady, haha.
Good to see you again.
Hi Quilly, right you are. If you have music, you can listen away stress, or at least I can...
Post a Comment