When we are young our Christmas's seem golden. When I was a child we didn't have a lot of money, so we got two presents, one a toy and one of clothes. Even with our limited income our Christmas was so much fun. I always loved Christmas.
I do not know what happened to me, somewhere along the way I have lost my Christmas spirit. This year was the very worst of all. I couldn't work up the energy to even haul out many of my decorations, I finally got a tree up, because I love to sit in the evening in the quiet when everyone has gone to bed and just stare at the tree. But as I have grown older it seems that Christmas just makes me sad. I think of Mom, all the meals she cooked for us and how much we enjoyed them, never to be eaten again. I cook the same meal and mine is just as good as hers, but still I miss her meals.
Of my five children only two are close enough to always be here for Christmas. Although my son Trevor has been coming here for quite a few years now. This year his wife is expecting a baby and didn't want to travel so it was especially quiet here this Christmas. Ana usually comes home a few days early and brings out a lot of the decorations, but it didn't happen this year, so all that was out was what I put out, and it wasn't very much.
I cooked my meal and we opened our presents and then I went back to cooking. We didn't eat this year until almost 9. I got a very late start because we stayed up so late the night before. My daughter who usually brings with her a bit of extra Christmas spirit seemed to have left hers at home this year. She came and slept, ate and then went back to sleep, then got up and left. I guess her thoughts were elsewhere.
I am not promising to do better next year, I can not make that promise. I am tired and without the energy that I once possessed, who knows how I will feel next year. I take it one day at a time.


1 comment:
Hi Nea, it is wonderful to see you on the blog again,,,, i left you a Long comment... but sending it was a Mission.... never mind - wishing you a wonderful new yesr. Let's see if this message goes thru. Love and hugs Ginco
Post a Comment